Friday, September 2, 2011

Comment Responses

For some reason Google is not letting me respond to comments.  Here are responses for recent questions:

Free Medicine said...
How can I find out the reason the Ms. Oil and Gas Board declined the unit proposal on the Encana Anderson 17 H ? The large size possibly?
September 1, 2011 7:31 PM
I'm not an expert on the Mississippi Oil & Gas Board processes. The two units were similar in size, shape, and orientation. Not really sure.  I've been told that the Anderson unit was not declined but "continued". I assume that is like in the NFL "under further review".
7a439584-c9c2-11e0-b072-000bcdcb2996 said...
What about East Baton Rouge and Livingston? Why are these two areas not developing? What are they doing on the well Gordon located on Joor Road near Gurney Road in The City of Central (EBRP)? I saw a big rig with some equipment on the trailer, a pick-up, and about a 100 to 150 ton crane come out of that site. Thanks
August 18, 2011 10:50 AM
These areas are very deep for the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale.  Deep means higher costs and more operationally challenging.  The well near Central, BP Edwards #1, a Tuscaloosa sand well, has recently completed in three zones with no success.  The well is now classified as “shut-in future utility”.
H C has left a new comment on your post "Tuscaloosa Marine Shale - Resistivity Discussion":
What does resistivity refer to? This is new to me.
Detailed response here:

Free Medicine has left a new comment on your post "Scout Report - August 23, 2011":
Kirk,
On the Devon Lane well 1st frac stage what do they mean by "Pumped at 35 bpm" ?
BPM is “barrels per minute”.  This represents the rate at which the frac fluid enters the formation.  It provides a good indicator of the rock’s permeability.

Free Medicine has left a new comment on your post "Tuscaloosa Marine Shale Presentation":
You might mention water needs and opportunities for landowners to sell water for fracking. Good resource for info: Benjamin Hall at Wright Water Resources in the Haynesville shale - www.wrightwaterresources.com
I have no knowledge, experience, or contacts in this area.

sligoo has left a new comment on your post "Encana Permits Two TMS Wells In Mississippi":
I think that I read somewhere that Goodrich was in a Joint Venture with Encana in this well. What does that mean, if true?
I have not heard that.

sligoo has left a new comment on your post "Tuscaloosa Marine Shale Presentation":
I envy your trip to my favorite city. Here I am stuck in blandest part of the nation....Houston. Please post your presentation when you can.
I will be posting next week.

Free Medicine has left a new comment on your post "Encana BOE #1H - July Production":
How can I find out the reason the Mississippi Oil & Gas Board declined the unit proposal on the Encana Anderson 17 H ? The large size possibly?
I’m not that experienced with the Mississippi Oil & Gas Board.  I've been told that the Anderson unit was not declined but "continued". I understand that the proposal will be presented again next month.  The unit was the same size, shape, and orientation as the one at Horseshoe Hill.  Due to the fact that both units were opposed, maybe the board felt they had to reject one.

No comments:

Post a Comment